We’re updating our policies to better reflect our commitment to providing you with the best possible service and to ensure that our terms are in line with the latest industry standards. These changes include details on how you can use our services, how we protect your information, and what your responsibilities are as a user. These changes apply from Wednesday, 24 May 2023. We recommend you read the documents in full, but we’ve summarised the key updates for you below:
Terms and Conditions
- More detail provided regarding how a user’s account is managed (for example, where a business account may have multiple users connected to it) and sets out the terms that apply to the different account types we offer.
- The updated Terms and Conditions introduce the terms “Physical Token”, “Vehicle Token” and “Virtual Token” – all authentication methods that may be linked to your account enabling you to obtain the vehicle charging services.
- Clause 12.1 highlights that you have certain rights under consumer protection legislation, including the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 and the Fair Trading Act 1986, that cannot be limited or excluded by the Terms and Conditions.
- If we make changes to the Terms and Conditions we will give you notice of these as soon as reasonably practicable (but not later than 10 days before the change is to take effect).
- We have set out some of the instances in which we use your personal information in order to provide you with our services (for example, to contact or identify you and to set up and administer your account).
- We may send you marketing messages about (among other things) our rewards, special offers, competitions and other promotions which we consider may be of interest to you. You may unsubscribe from receiving these messages from us at any time through the ChargeNet App, getting in touch via our ‘Contact Us’ webpage, or using the unsubscribe facility located in the relevant communication. Once we receive your request, we will take you off our marketing list.
- We may also send you service related messages that we deem essential to provide our services to you. You cannot opt out from receiving these.
- Storage: We store personal information we collect from you in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act 2020 and will take reasonable steps to ensure the security of your personal information.
If you have any questions you can contact us or call our support centre on 0800 224 274.