ChargeNet NZ Limited and its related companies and affiliates (“we”, “us”, “our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Collection of personal information and data
We may collect personal information from you when you communicate or interact with us such as when you:
● make enquiries about us, our products and services or contact us for any other reason so that we can process, deal with, and respond to your queries or other issues including any complaints;
● use or register an account with us on our Website or via the ChargeNet App;
● use or otherwise access our services, including requesting any Token;
● enter a Premises, through the use of closed-circuit television (“CCTV”);
● contact, register with, post to, like or follow any of our social media websites, pages, forums or blogs;
● register a product you have purchased or subscribe to any of our services;
● register for and attend any of our events;
● make applications for prospective employment and contracting opportunities with us; or
● subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or survey, enter or participate in any competitions, customer research or promotions.
We will usually only collect personal information directly from you. We may also collect personal information about you from a third party source that you have authorised (including any person that has linked you to their Account for the purposes paying for the Vehicle Charging Services you use) or as otherwise permitted by law.
Personal information we collect about you
We may collect the following personal information about you:
● your name;
● who you work for, and your job function or department;
● your address, phone number, email address or other contact details (these details may relate to your work or to you personally, depending on the nature of our relationship with you or the company that you work for);
● information about you that you give us by communicating with us by phone, by email, via the Website and/or the ChargeNet App, via social media or otherwise, including information you give us or that we obtain when you use the Vehicle Charging Services and/or any part of the Platform, enquire about a product or service, place an order, enter a competition, promotion or survey, or contact us to report a problem, or do any of these things on behalf of the person that you work for;
● information relating to transactions with us involving you or the company you work for (for example, details of goods or services that we have supplied to, or obtained from, you or the person you work for);
● credit card and payment information;
● the make and model of your electric vehicle(s);
● charging network data in connection with your use of the Vehicle Charging Services, such as charging session date, Charge Station used, start time, end time, duration, energy dispensed, charging port identifer, total fees associated with each charging session, pricing policy applied, Token card identifier, vehicle identifier, power cycle patterns, current and voltage;
● your image and/or vehicle number plate in the event CCTV cameras are used in connection with the Vehicle Charging Services;
● other information relating to you which it is necessary for us to process an order to enter into or perform a contract with you or the company you work for; and
● information about events to which you or your colleagues are invited, and your personal information and preferences to the extent that this information is relevant to organising and managing those events (for example, your dietary requirements).
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser, or the ChargeNet App, sends whenever you visit the Website, the ChargeNet App or other parts of the Platform (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser version, your mobile phone device identifier, operating system and version, the pages of the Website and/or the parts of the ChargeNet App that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, parts and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services such as Marketing Automation Platform tracking code and Google Analytics to collect, monitor and analyse this data.
What happens if you do not provide personal information?
If you do not provide your personal information as we have requested, we may be unable to provide you with the Vehicle Charging Services and/or you may not be able to use all parts of the Platform.
Collection of personal information and use
We collect and use your personal information to provide you with the Vehicle Charging Services. Some of the things we use your personal information for in relation to this are:
● to contact or identify you;
● to provide you with content that you have requested from us;
● to set up and administer your Account;
● to set up and administer any loyalty programme (run by us or one of our loyalty partners) that you have joined or wish to join;
● billing you (unless you pay by another agreed method) and collecting any debt owed to us by you;
● to provide information to you about other websites, products and services, which we consider may be of interest to you (but if you ask us not to provide you this information we will comply with your request);
● evaluating and improving our customer service;
● protecting and enforcing our rights as part of our relationship with you;
● cyber security and information assurance purposes;
● complying with applicable laws;
● conducting market research, data processing and statistical analysis activities; and/or
● any other purpose(s) authorised by you.
We may use information collected through our CCTV cameras for several reasons:
● detecting, deterring, and preventing criminal or offensive behaviour at Charging Stations and/or Premises;
● monitoring the safety and security of our staff, our customers and the Premises; and/or
● completing incident investigations.
In addition, we may also use personal information in an anonymised aggregated form, to carry out analysis of our products, services and customer interactions.
We and our agents may send you marketing messages, electronic or otherwise, about (among other things) our rewards, special offers, competitions and other promotions, and those of our agents or third parties which we consider may be of interest to you. You may unsubscribe from receiving marketing messages from us and our agents at any time through the ChargeNet App, getting in touch via our ‘Contact Us’ webpage, or using the unsubscribe facility located in the relevant marketing communication. Once we receive your request, we will take you off our marketing list.
We may send you service related messages that we deem essential to provide the Vehicle Charging Services to you. You cannot opt out from receiving these, for example SMS or push notifications about the status of your use of the Vehicle Charging Services and the Charges.
Storage of personal information
We will store your personal information we collect from you in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act 2020 and will take reasonable steps to ensure the security of your personal information. Your personal information may be stored on servers owned by our computing infrastructure provider(s), under an account we control.
Disclosure of personal information
● our related companies and affiliates;
● owners of Charge Stations and/or Premises which you are authorised to use;
● anyone paying for your use of the Vehicle Charging Services;
● third party contractors and providers of goods and services, such as courier and delivery companies, marketing and promotion companies, training and training certification agencies and business support services like storage and handling of documents and data, call centre and information technology service providers;
● anyone who is a joint customer or has authority on your account;
● third parties we partner with to provide services or other offerings (including, for example, roaming arrangements whereby you are permitted to use the Charge Stations of other providers of electric vehicle services);
● market research companies who undertake customer surveys for us;
● professional service firms providing services to us, such as legal or accountancy services; or
● others where required by law.
We will not otherwise disclose your personal information unless we believe on reasonable grounds that you have provided your authorisation. However, you should be aware that we may be required to disclose your personal information without your consent in order to comply with any court orders, subpoenas or other legal process or investigation including by tax authorities, if such disclosure is required by law. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you if we are required by law to disclose your personal information.
If one or more of the third parties, related companies or affiliates referred to above is located overseas, disclosure may occur outside New Zealand to those parties.
When we disclose your personal information overseas, we will only do so in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020 and take all reasonable measures to ensure that your information is held, managed and accessed in accordance with appropriate standards for the handling of personal information.
Accessing and correction of personal information
You may request access to the personal information we hold about you, or request that we update or correct any personal information we hold about you by setting out your request in writing and sending it to us at email@example.com or via the ChargeNet App.
We will review your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in accordance with applicable laws. If we are unable to give you access to the information you have requested, we will give you reasons for this decision in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act 2020 when we respond to your request.
How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your personal information for as long as we require it for the purpose for which it was collected. However, we may also be required to keep some of your personal information for specified periods of time, for example under certain laws relating to companies, money laundering and financial reporting legislation.
Change of ownership
In the event of a change of ownership of all or a portion of our company, the business and/or the Platform, your personal information may be transferred to the new owner so that the company, business and/or the Platform (and our related companies and affiliates) can continue operations.
You may also contact us in writing at ChargeNet, 6b Piermark Drive, Rosedale, Auckland, 0632, New Zealand, by phone at 0800 224 274 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.