Announcing improvements to the administration portal for commercial accounts – May 2023
We are thrilled to announce that we have made some great improvements to our administration portal for commercial accounts, launching automatically next week. Our team has been working hard to make it easier for you to manage your ChargeNet account and your fleet drivers. We’ve created a demo video to run you through the improvements. With these new features, you can manage your RFIDs at scale, and easily set up and manage member profiles, and your fleet drivers can use the ChargeNet app to manage their charging sessions and get notifications.
Here’s a quick rundown of what’s new or changing in the administration portal:
- We have consolidated administrative functions and management tools within the account admin portal.
- You can now search for RFIDs and register or modify them in bulk by uploading a CSV file.
- You can now bulk order new RFIDs at a wholesale price.
- We have changed the user roles to be more descriptive: ‘Driver’ (default) and ‘Account Admin’.
- You can view all your invoices and payments within the admin portal.
- You can export your session data via CSV from the admin portal or fully automate it with an API.
What’s changing for your drivers?
- Drivers will no longer have access to account management functions, such as ordering RFIDs, viewing account balances, or downloading statements
- Drivers will only see their own transactions and usage.
- And best of all, these changes mean that the ChargeNet app can now be rolled out to your fleet once a member profile has been created for each driver.
Changes to user roles
Account Admin admin.charge.net.nz
Driver (default) app.charge.net.nz
The role gives access to the ‘Driver App’ available on mobile (via App stores) or web (app.charge.net.nz). Members can manage their own login, RFIDs and see information related to their use. Members of commercial accounts have limited access to information managed on an account level, e.g. payments and invoices are hidden.
While it may seem like a lot is changing, the improvements are intuitive and easy to navigate. To take advantage of these new features, log in as usual via admin.charge.net.nz starting next week.
To fully benefit from the updates, we recommend that you take a couple of actions:
- Watch the demo video.
- Inform account administrators of the upcoming changes.
- Assign RFIDs to your drivers.
- Encourage drivers to download the ChargeNet app.
- If you are already using our API, inform your technical team to contact us to upgrade to the improved version of our API (which now includes member details).
These new features are part of our ongoing commitment to providing you with the best possible service and helping you to manage your fleet more efficiently. We understand that managing fleet drivers can be time-consuming, which is why we’ve created these features to streamline the process. As always, we value your feedback, so please let us know if you have any suggestions or comments.
Our customer support team is always available to help if you need any assistance. Please drop us an email at email@example.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.